Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Big Chill Recap


I took a tent, an air mattress and my dancing feet to the Big Chill Festival this weekend. Vague Memories: Bononbo finishes the festival with a beautiful performance on the stage which had the best sound. Fantastic Dj sets by Gilles Peterson, Redlight and definitely The Heatwave who started Saturday with a blazing set while hundreds of us are dancing outside in the rain like african warriors. U listen to Kelis, Alice Russell, Skye (Morcheeba) sing like Royal Queens. The legendary Roy Ayers peforms maybe 5 or 6 songs that lasted around an hour and a half. You drink lots of gamyers and realize that the British appreciate music/musicians more than any other country in this world! Sunday morning I made it slowlyyy down the hill and rested on the lovely grass while Norman Jay started his traditional Big Chill set. I closed my eyes and on a massive sound system he started his set with this....

Nina Simone - Here Comes The Sun